There are quite a few documents out there that go over SSL/TLS. Really depends on what you need to know. Wikipedia might be a good place to start, and there's always google to find out more. I seem to remember Mozilla had some decent high level documentation, but I think they've marked it as out of date.

What's happening right now is that you can't complete the SSL handshake for some reason. StackOverflow has a post about someone having a similar problem: http://stackoverflow.com/a/6353956

Hope that helps,
Sam