-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Rony G. Flatscher
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2024 06:30

The mileage of people here vary including the Java people themselves who have
started to reduce the need of explicit declarations like the new "var"
(imitating JavaScript) instead of strict types or foregoing the static main
method such that one can at least code the main method without the explicit
declarations. The motivation about these changes is to make Java easier, reduce
typing needs and the like.