Quite Frankly I think that If you do it often(which is really the only
reason it would be needed) it seems to me the script is quite a bit easier.
Put Script on desktop, double click when needed, rather than needing to open
IMail admin and have a restart button to click.

If stopping the service was a long process(like a few minutes) that you had
to wait to finish and then click start, have a restart would be good simply
to make it so you wouldn't have to sit and wait, but it isn't, it takes
seconds.

You don't NEED this, you WANT this.
If there was no way to restart the service currently without rebooting it
would be a NEED.
But there are MANY ways to do it currently:
1)In IMail admin, click stop, click start.
2)In Services control panel, click stop, click start.
3)In Services control panel, click restart.
4)Create a Restart Script using net stop, and net start(probably the easiest
way to restart it).

Can ipswitch add a restart button? YES.
Should they add it in next update? Probably.
Should you act like the lack of it is a huge problem that effects the
usability of the product? NO!!!

When there are people that are having problems with REAL bugs, having a
restart button ranks right in with redoing the admin to 'look cool'.