[you ran a different command than I asked for, this way we still don't
see which version of Ivy you use ;-)]

>              init-ivy:                                       parsing
> buildfile jar:file:/root/.ant/lib/ivy.jar!/org/apache/ivy/ant/antlib.xml
> with URI = jar:file:/root/.ant/lib/ivy.jar!/org/apache/ivy/ant/antlib.xml
> from a zip file

I believe this one is the culprit. There is an ivy.jar in your
~/.ant/lib directory and I'm willing to bet it contains an older version
of Ivy.

Adding -nouserlib to the Ant command line should help avoiding this.

The documentation for the pathid attribute in
https://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.5.1/use/retrieve.html (the current
docs) says it has been added with Ivy 2.3 so most likely the version you
actually use is older than 2.3.

Stefan