Hi KP

Am 08.02.2016 um 19:34 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
> Am Montag, 8. Februar 2016, 18:32:07 schrieb Erich Titl:
>> Hi KP
>>
>> Am 08.02.2016 um 18:26 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
>>
>>> You may analyze ppp/pppoe instead, where /var/lib/lrpkg/*.depmod provides
>>> the necesssry modules and therefor requires no user intervention to load
>>> the necessary modules.
>>
>> OK, so who is loading the modules, please. LINUXRC does not.
>
> Doublechecked,  you are right :)
> -  it seems not work as I expected, point taken.
>
> Thx for your patience... :)

Welcome

> Now, what's your idea to deal with openvpn/ppp/pppoe?
>
> /etc/modules could be a starting point?

That was and is the fallback. I hope we don't need it.
We could use a file aproach like the depmod thing. To make it easy and
understandable it would be easier to use a notation which can be
understood by the find utility. And we should let modprobe to do its job.

If we have module specifications in depmod which correspond to the
entries in modules.dep, then modprobe can easily pick the modules and
dependencies and install them.

> Wherever possible using/changing init scripts?

That should be rather easy, have a look at shorewall.

I understand Andrew's point in dynamic module loading/unloading. It is a
strange way to handle this. If we find an application that needs this
behaviour we need to find a way to handle it. USB modems might need
somethinkg like this. But then I'd rather link those modules into the
kernel than inventing another reel to handle it.

ET