Hello,

I would like to know if someone can help me with some things regarding compilation, please.

1. Is there a way to specify the directory for the examples? (as in =/usr/share/libmesh/examples=)

2. Is there a way to specify the directory for the contrib directory (as in =/usr/share/libmesh/contrib=)? or is it safe to move =contrib/libtool= without affecting any of the configuration files, i.e. =Make.common=?

3. All the Makefiles from the examples have

       LIBMESH_DIR ?= /usr
       include $(LIBMESH_DIR)/Make.common

I would prefer to have =Make.common= in =/usr/share/libmesh/=, and I can move it there. In fact, I can run a recursive =sed= for all the Makefiles, but I would like to know if there is a way to set the location for =Make.common= so that the Makefiles know it.

4. Some time ago, there was a pull request with =netcdf.m4.patch= to enable netcdf with libMesh[1]. It did not work, because it still needs this =sed= command after the patch is applied:

sed -i "s-\(ac_subdirs_all='\)contrib/netcdf/v4-\1-g; s-\(subdirs=\"\$subdirs\) contrib/netcdf/v4-\1-g" configure

Can someone help me to modify the patch so that there is no need for such rule? (I am attaching the file)

Many thanks!

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/libmesh/mailman/message/36889108/