As a former (and unsuccessful) candidate in a contested race for an open seat
here in town, my opinion is that any challenger has to make a strong case as to
why they should replace the incumbent.  If that case is not made, then there
really is no reason to displace the incumbent.  And (frankly) it also strongly
implies they should not be replaced.

- Allen Vander Meulen

Sent from my iPhone