On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Eli Marmor wrote:

> > >   http://www.diburim.co.il/cgi-bin/forums/intraforum.cgi?forum=54
> > >   http://www.sivan.co.il/wforums/ts.exe?tsurl=0.196.0.0.0&tsstmplt=sindex
> > >
>http://www2.iol.co.il/communikit/scripts/forums/live/forums_all_25.asp?forum_id=1289
> > >   http://forums.nana.co.il/forum.asp?id=16
> >
> > WHY are they not linked from the website?!
>
> Read again what I wrote; I even didn't ask to put links, but only
> to take apart in my forum, and even this small request caused a wave
> of flames. THE LIST IS AGAINST HEBREW FORUMS!  So how do you expect
> them to agree to links ???
>
> P.S. In case "the list" changed it mind, I apologize...

well, it appears "the list" hates Hebrew, "the list" hates newbies, and
"the list" hates moving it's butt. that's why people quietly sneak and
arrange the Haifa Club and "unauthorized" forums. it's the most
rediculous situation for a LINUX group I can think of!

since "the list" is not really using the website, only beating up
whoever tries to post here anything that is covered by the FAQ. I sugest
this list is kept for the old grumpy types and we open a fresh page with
people interested in reaching out. the website, with the wonderful
domain name, could be used as an umbrella site for all things Linux in
Israel, local LUGs and activities included. the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list
can stay for the high-end programming and sysadmin discussions (which
you have to admit, is not even Israeli specific really) and we open a
new list for newbie help, for simpler questions, and for planning events
and activities, plus an announcement list for people who only want to
know about events, like many other LUGs do.

now I know "the list" blocked the idea of having a split in the list in
the past, but I think that is also one of the main causes newbies feel
neglected here, and sometimes flee and tell their friends not to come
near. not splitting the list has probably done more harm than good. we
should try it again. I'm going to get a site designer to give a new look
to the site, and reorganize the info on it as much as my time will
allow. If you can spare the time or know someone who can - please refer
them to me! The website should be automaticly on users and businessmen's
thoughts associated with Linux, it should be a brand name! we should get
banner ads circulated and letters to software and hardware companies as
the next stage. you think I'm crazy now, but if you join and help, it
will actually be possible.

--
Ira Abramov ;  whois:IA58  ;  www.scso.com ;  all around Linux enthusiast
fortune: too many tries