Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Shlomi Fish wrote:

I've checked it on the desktop machine with both Win98 and Mandriva 2006 LE Linux - both exhibited the problem. I tried disabling all listening ports and other downloads on Linux - it didn't help. I tried checking for a rootkit on the Linux installation using chkrootkit - it didn't detect anything. I tried switching from a static IP to DHCP - it didn't work. I tried disabling all the NAT port forwarding in the router - didn't work either. Ethereal says my packets' TTL is 64.
Can you send me (in private) ethereal binary dumps of traffic from both Windows and Linux machines?

A simple download in which the problem takes place will do.

         Shachar

It seems a lot of ACKs you send get lost. I'm not really sure why.

One other thing of note, however, is that in your Linux dump you had edonkey running, in addition to the HTTP session. This may be the cause of the interference. Then again, it may be a faulty NIC, like Baruch pointer out.

         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.