On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 03:59:57AM -0700, Alex Shnitman wrote:
> Same story here. I signed up for a year, and after the
> year ended they told me I have too pay 2000 NIS for
> the next year (that's 166 NIS a month!) because of
> high bandwidth usage. So I guess that's what they need
> the monitoring for.
>
> I'm also a happy Netvision customer now. Although
> having a static IP was pretty cool.

Having a static IP in netvision costs me $15/month, signed up for a
year. That's around 20 NIS more than not having it. I am not sure
about actcom rates, but IIRC they are a bit higher, which makes it
even less than 20 NIS more expensive.

This is, BTW, for 1.5mbit/s dl. I am not sure about the upload - I
think it's 150kbit/s. I did not buy from bezeq higher upload as it
costs much more, but I still get around 120kbit/s, although I think
my deal says I have 96kbit/s.

To buy this from netvision, you have to be a business customer. I do
not know what advantages this gives, if at all, except having prices
in $ (which IIRC is illegal?). One weird small disadvantage is that
you can't change your password from the website - only by phone, only
to a new random one. Weird.
--
Didi