El sáb, 11-11-2006 a las 20:16 +0200, Oron Peled escribió:

> Julian Daich said that some 300M$ is too much money for a patent agreement
> because suing Linux companies won't get you as much money. He is
> just doing the wrong math:

>  * The growth of the Linux market does a lot more damage to MS. Slowing the
>    penetration of Linux is a must for MS. Using FUD like "only the customers
>    of that Linux company have legality assurance" is one way to help them.
And in this case, the way for Microsoft to get back their 348M$ is
having a sales or distribution agreement with such Linux company.

>  * Sabotaging ODF is also critical for MS. Otherwise, it has the potential
>    to damage the biggest MS cache-cow. Novel is helping them to spread
>    their alternative and cast a shadow on ODF acceptance.
It is also a distribution agreement about a Microsoft format.

In both cases the money comes from sales after a sales or distribution
agreement but not directly from patent lawsuits. So effectively I think
it is more than just a patent agreement.

--
Julian Daich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>