On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Amos Shapira wrote:

On 05/02/07, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am not underestimating anybody but the current rules seem to indicate
that all mail is read and sifted through for 'clues'. This is
technically feasible. Pumping large amounts of random numbers and
nondeterministic behavior into these channels is a good countermeasure
imho.

Do whatever you like, but from following this thread it seems to me like you
are just pumping your signature on their radar.

I am not making any effort in this direction. If I appear on someone's 'radar' then it means that they must have turned it on, against civilians (worse, against civilians of their own persuasion), in peacetime. If the internet is the biggest security dragnet in the world (or someone mistakes it for that, perhaps because he is holding the user's manual upside down in his chain mail gloves) then it's good to know, I think. Also if it is used to 'redefine' 'civilians' as something else, as needed.

As someone who have been on their cross hairs for doing something completely
legal (I partly blame their broken English for even bothering with me), I'd
recommend you to reconsider.

I am not looking for trouble, what I do is a part of what is technically permitted according to the valid RFCs that govern the operation of the internet (and of email specifically, relevant to this discussion). What I do serves to test ideas and helps to develop new things. This is part of what I do, it is not random or hostile. Some of it has a certain humorous slant, but then that is something that cannot be helped. The environment is very boring and I have to run my own flea circus for amusement and R&R.

As to who can be in 'their' 'crosshairs', I have had a few personal occurences (more than three) which can be explained in very few ways without applying the 'crosshairs' theorem (and not applying it would require application of a different theorem, that of 'arbitrary discrimination' - I don't know which is worse). My 'attitude problem' has appeared after that. I am not saying that it is a reaction to it.

As to 'reconsidering': I have nothing to reconsider myself. What I do is technically correct and not hostile. Other than that: I come from a country that has had a fair share of trouble for about 65 years wrt. my ethnicities (this includes the Holocaust but goes beyond that in many ways). There were human and material losses and serious discrimination and attempts at brainwashing and psychological and political 'reeducation', as well as copious FUD and intimidation (and some of that is not over, and not sufficiently explained yet). I consider the current IT/IP/Linux/m$/lawsuit/whatever wars a kosher Purim kindergarten play compared to that, and my humorous attitude about it is a consequence of that. You would be surprized at my 'attitude' in case of conflict regarding freedom of speech (within reason) and of communication (also within reason). Let's not go there.

Peter