* Amos Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [070709 11:56]:
> On 09/07/07, Baruch Even <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >If you want nice guis and the like VMware is probably the way. If you
> >are willing to run a script then it should be as easy as:
> >
> >sudo apt-get install kvm module-assistant kvm-source qemu
> >sudo m-a auto-install kvm
> >qemu-img -f qcow2 disk.img 10G
> >kvm -hda disk.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d
> >
> >Future runs are just:
> >kvm -hda disk.img
> >
> >This should setup user network which works most of the time :-)
>

> Thanks very much. That should shorten my path a lot.
> Is this relevant under Etch or will I need to move to a later release? I
> don't see kvm in apt-cache on Etch.

There is no kvm/kvm-source package for etch it was rather unstable for
me at the time to push it into etch. A backport should be easy enough,
pointing your deb-src lines to unstable repository and do:
apt-get -b source kvm

You will need some dev tools and build-dependencies for kvm. I didn't
try this myself so I don't know how well itworks and what else is
needed. Taking the current debs from unstable could work as well.

Cheers,
Baruch