On 09/07/07, Dan Kenigsberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

occasional VisualDev. I guess that with modern systems which have the vt
cpu
extension, kvm+qemu would be a free, open, and competitive choice.

That's what my hunch also tells me (based on not much of personal experience
but generally following the news).
But where does kvm+qemu stand today in terms of usability for someone who
just wants things to work? Is it as easy as "apt-get install kvm qemu" or
will I have to start digging the net for work around and war stories for
every stage in the installation? If I don't have more then, say, 12 hours
total (probably spread over a calendar week or two) to set this up am I
better off going the VMware way or what?

(BTW - mentioning VMWare - I'd really like the USB 2 support since this
should allow me to run Windows Skype with my webcam, a major goal for
running Windows in the first place)

Just a reminder - I have a Core 2 Duo CPU so as far as I know I'm covered on
the hardware level.

Thanks,

--Amos