2008/6/8 Shlomi Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> In that case, bug #1 is a very bad joke, and a very bad bug. A project's
> bug-tracker is not a place for such jokes (unless on April Fools, and then
> they should be closed).

Certain people in certain forums can bend the rules. Your professor
can answer his phone in the middle of a lecture, and the owner of a
restaurant can eat the food without paying the bill. You are not in
the power or social position to bend the rules in the Ubuntu
community. Neither am I.

>> Well, If you have a problem with something in an open source project
>> you may talk about it. It might even bring to a change, but saying
>> something like "Ubuntu is dead" will not make more people to believe
>> you. People will just tag you as a troll.
>
> I chose the sensationalist topic on purpose to indicate how bad the situation
> is.

That is a bad way to introduce oneself. I do not claim exceptional
social skills, but I know what is *wrong*. That is wrong.

>> I'm sorry but all this sounds to me like "Oy Oy Oy! nobody wants to
>> listen to the important things I have to say". Ubuntu will be here for
>> a while whether you like it or not. It's a great entry point for
>> newcomers and I, for one, welcome our new Shuttleworthian overlords.
>
> I don't welcome any overlords whatsoever, especially if they are as abusive,
> lack as much focus, are full of hubris and self-pompousness and are as bad as
> Ubuntu are.

That was a Slashdot / Simpsons reference. You might enjoy that site:
http://slashdot.org
You can probably guess my username there.

> Ubuntu may be here for a while, but I expect it to heavily
> decline in popularity in the near future, and I'll certainly recommend
> everyone to switch to Mandriva, MEPIS, Debian, CentOS or whatever, or not use
> *Ubuntu in the first place.

From what I've seen Ubuntu has only risen in popularity, especially
because they manage to keep the trolls at bay. I'm sorry, Shlomi, but
you came off as a troll. I only say this to help you, not to hurt you,
and I hope that you take this constructive criticism in a positive
manner. I know that you are not a troll, and that you only want to
help, and I am trying to show you how to take the troll mask off.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.