Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your feedback. I was not aware of these settings. I compared my
servers' /etc/apt directories now with Beyond Compare, and copied files
from the other server to this server and another server where there were
differences, and then I ran the following commands again:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove
sudo apt autoclean

I checked again now, after rebooting the servers, and this server's apache
still doesn't work after rebooting, as you expected. But at least I don't
get this apt error messages any more. I'm still looking for the reason why
this server's apache and mysql don't restart after a reboot.

אורי
u...@speedy.net