I have a friend who has a PC, which got stuck in the late 1990's. This
Ethernet-less and Internet-less PC has old (circa 1997) RedHat Linux
installed on it and it uses floppy disks (diskettes) for backups.

Now the floppy disk drive seems to have gone out of order and my friend
will need to read his diskettes in a modern PC as well as transfer to
it the contents of his hard disk (presumably connected via IDE or
whatever was available in the antediluvian period before the Big Dotcom
Crash of 2000.

1. Are there any floppy disk drives with USB connection for reading
those diskettes?
2. If one needs to temporarily connect an old hard disk (not having a
modern SATA interface) to a modern PC, what solutions are there?

Thanks!

--- Omer Zak

--
"Prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by
looting, plundering and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it

They do not represent the official policy of any organization with
which I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at https://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html