On Wednesday, 22 December 2021 22:48:16 IST Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> If it's IDE you might be able to connect a CF card to the old computer
> with a CF<->IDE adapter?  Not sure if a 1997 vintage IDE controller
> would be up to this.

If I remember correctly I had an  IDE2CF device that used to work^tm with
Pentium (2/3?) and VIA chipsets , circa 1998-1999, I do remember it had a via
chipset because it was locking down during heatup, I'm not sure about the cpu.

I do remember that there are several types of IDE2CF  I had to replace until I
found one that worked for me , and that not all media could be used there with
the IDE2CF.

(*) I remember I had to change several different ide2cf because they had been
failing (Probably was using Red Hat Linux at the time, but I'm not sure).