Thanks all for the responses. As a temporary fix, I am clearing my Mac and
keeping if for LyX and one special Mac-only app. Email and browsers etc are
going to a Windows machine. This way, I can get my head back above water and
see how the LyX M3 saga has developed. [el, reads like you have a nice vendor!]
 Lyx101