I think this (Windows) is serious underkill :-)-O as this works out of
the box. I use Sonoma 14.4.1 and LyX 2.4.0 RC4 (but 2.3.7.2 workd
without any issues on my Sonoma 14.4.1 M2 MacBook Air)

Safari and Mail.app work very well, even though I use GoogleChrome and
BetterBird (improvement on Thunderbird) myself.

Turns out, that it was the external USB-C Hard Disk used for Time
Machine which caused the panic attacks :-)-O. Disconnected it and
voilĂ .

So went and bought a new drive and it also gives no problems.

greetings, el

On 2024/04/28 12:19, Gordon Watson via lyx-users wrote:
> Thanks all for the responses. As a temporary fix, I am clearing my
> Mac and keeping if for LyX and one special Mac-only app. Email and
> browsers etc are going to a Windows machine. This way, I can get my
> head back above water and see how the LyX M3 saga has developed. [el,
> reads like you have a nice vendor!] Lyx101
>
>> On 26 Apr 2024, at 4:36 am, Eberhard W Lisse <nos...@lisse.na>
>> wrote:
[...]
>> I got me a Mini with an M2 and maximum RAM. No drama whatsoever,
>> other than that it Kernel Panics 5-6 times per day and so I am
>> awaiting the next software upgrade (ie 14.4.2 or 14.5) and if that
>> doesn't cure it'll go back to the vendor.
>>
>> el
[...]