On Sun, Apr 28, 2024 at 5:29 AM Gordon Watson via lyx-users <
lyx-users@lists.lyx.org> wrote:

> Thanks all for the responses. As a temporary fix, I am clearing my Mac and
> keeping if for LyX and one special Mac-only app. Email and browsers etc are
> going to a Windows machine. This way, I can get my head back above water
> and see how the LyX M3 saga has developed.

I don't understand what "LyX M3 saga" you are referring to here. No one is
reporting any problems running LyX on M3 hardware. You should
experience absolutely no issues running 2.3.7 or the latest 2.4.0 RC on any
recent Mac, let alone a new M3 iMac. Nor do I understand what it is you are
"fixing", as you said you were "happily using LyX 2.3.6.2" under High
Sierra on your current Mac. You only said you needed to upgrade your Mac.
So just get your new Mac, install LyX and get to work. :-)

Chris Menzel