On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Mike Korbakov <mike-...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Last chance to not mix up the problem. So I see the following problems:
>
> 1. Search engine for the official site.
> Search should be available by simple actions: text entry and one-click (or
> "Enter")
> Search results from the official website should lead to also official
> All results on this page
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22nfs_server%22&domains=www.openbsd.org&sitesearch=www.openbsd.org&btnG=Search
> are located in the domain openbsd.org, their text looks correct. Without
> special knowledge,
> no one can determine their relevance to real life.
> If I had special knowledge, then would not have used the search.
> Someone does not agree?

You are free to write some search engine for OpenBSD. I just can't see
any code for that in your email. Search is available by simple action
via text entry and one click either on main page or in FAQ. For the
rest you need to ask someone in Google why their search engine doesn't
follow HTML code on OpenBSD pages (where false returns you hit are not
available anymore) and instead of that returns misleading results. As
well I don't understand why to go via search engine for something
instead going on project page and see immediately in which langues is
official documentation available and for which there is not then
English version is always here. Only in case something is not on
official pages (be it on *BSD, Linux, Windows, whatever) or in
wiki/mail archives/..... going for search engine.

> 2. The configuration file contains a partially working code, a description of
> which is
> now removed from documentation, but remained in the old records.
> Maybe someone still uses these undocumented features, it is easy to anticipate
> the flow of questions, when these features will be removed.
>
> Presence of undocumented features, and the ability to get two or more
> "correct"
> answer to the same question, in my opinion, is not consistent with the spirit
> of secure and reliable system, which described on main page and
> http://www.openbsd.org/security.html

Still don't know to which partially working code or documentation you
are referring to. Please show where in rc or FAQ (official, not false
search results made by Google) is some bug. Going with FAQ I'm ending
with working NFS as well as others so it must be something else.
Nothing is perfect and there is space for improvements in OpenBSD as
well, but first it must be proven that there's something wrong and yet
it was not showed.

> That is all.
> Good luck

Seems like you are feeling offended or something. That's just wrong
feeling. I don't want to use bunch of smileys here. Such a bad search
results are true for any project (Try other BSDs or Linux systems).

>From http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq2.html

Many users have set up sites and pages with OpenBSD specific
information. As with everything on the Internet, a good search engine
is going to make your life easier, as will a healthy dose of
skepticism. As always, do not blindly enter commands you do not
understand into your computer.

and this one most important

OpenBSD comes with extensive documentation in the form of manual
pages. Considerable effort is made to make sure the man pages are
up-to-date and accurate. In all cases, the man pages are considered
the authoritative source of information for OpenBSD.