My two cents, because I like to use this plugin for easily creating
executable JARs for my AspectJ applications:

I agree that not just the Maven plugin but also OneJAR itself ought to
be maintained together. Whether it is OK for Mojohaus to maintain them
as two modules of the same project, is up to you guys to decide. Maybe
you have rules stating that only Maven plugins as such ought to be part
of Mojohaus.

Technically, converting the old CVS repo for OneJAR to Git should be
doable. SourceForge even has a little guide about how to do that:

https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/CVS/

If you want to keep it simple and not retain the full commit history,
but just the versions 0.95, 0.96, 0.97 stored as binary resources within
the plugin, please note that those JARs also contain the full source
code for each version, not just the class files. So you could just
unpack them into the new Maven module, commit and tag them. BTW, the
source code only consists of 6 classes with an overall size of about 90
KB.

--
Alexander Kriegisch