If you can find Simon and get him to grant an MIT or an unaltered BSD 3
clause license that would be awesome. I think the entire world was less
savvy about licensing back in 2004, and his alterations probably didn't
seem like a big deal, but now anything not exactly matching a known license
is flagged as unknown, and presents a barrier potentially involving a
lawyer at many companies that employ scanning software. The javadoc linked
from your site (
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/api/java/lang/instrument/package-summary.html)
is interesting. I'll have to look through that.

I've been working on the notion of re-launching a sub-process to allow the
addition of arbitrary args. Of related concern are --add-opens which seem
to be working as Jar Manifest "Add-Opens" attributes, but I've been
entirely unable to hunt down any spec that mentions that as an option in
Jar Manifests Add-Exports I did find. It's particularly frustrating that
there doesn't seem to be a single specification/reference for jar files
that actually documents what Manifest attributes are significant to JVM's
There are a few here:
https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/22/docs/specs/jar/jar.html (and a
similar page if you google jar specification). The only way I found out
about Add-Exports was because it showed up on a mailing-list discussion
when I was googling...

And now I find out about agent related attributes only through this mailing
list and the link on your github site... *sigh*

-Gus

Founder, Chief Architect, Needham Software LLC
Commiter & PMC member Apache Solr & Apache Lucene
508-333-5312
https://www.needhamsoftware.com