Hi Patrick.

I cannot comment on whether this issue was moved forward or not, only on
this, simply to counter-balance it:

> WRT maven plugins. I'm happy for them to exist, and would certainly
> endeavor not to break them, but I'm not a fan of maven and use it only
> when forced to (I went straight from Ant to Gradle I love the
> dependency management and download mechanism they created, but never
> got along well with the POM).

Of course, Mojohaus is all about Maven plugins and my feelings regarding
Gradle are similar to yours towards Maven: I only touch it if I
absolutely have to. Anyway, the Mojohaus committers (I am not one of
them) are very proficient in writing/maintaining Maven plugins, which
sounds like win/win to me: You are dedicated to maintaining UnoJar, and
here are people who can maintain the corresponding Maven plugin.

I cannot say much about the mythical Simon, but I guess if someone
(Ben?) is determined to reach (out to) him, it should be feasible to get
his consent for any desired licence changes.

On a side note: Maybe it makes sense that we do not develop things
multiple times. So, I want to mention that on top of Spring Boot Maven
and OneJar Maven there is also Agent Embedder Maven Plugin [1],
scratching yet another itch which some Spring Boot users and other
developers might have: How to embed Java agents into an executable JAR
and launch them automatically with 'java -jar'. A classic example is a
Spring Boot application using AspectJ load-time weaving (instead of
Spring AOP). Spoiler: I maintain both Agent Embedder Maven Plugin and
AspectJ.

[1] https://github.com/dev-aspectj/agent-embedder-maven-plugin

--
Alexander Kriegisch