Michael wrote:

On Saturday 05 July 2003 12:50 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

this is your writer/cdrom under supermount, and ought to work fine.
But your previous post said you have hdc=ide-scsi.

none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

Your floppy is supermount as well.

Do you have the writer/rom on ide1 or ide 2 and is it master or slave,
or Cable select(jumpers on the back determin)

both of my hard drives are on the primary ide channel, my 20gb drive is master, 100gb is slave. my cdrw drive is on the secondary channel and is the master, nothing else on that channel.

so that means your writer/rom is /dev/hdc

Do you know how to use a text editor ?

John

--
John Richard Smith