On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 11:08:47PM +0100, Margot wrote:
> Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> >On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 06:50, Margot wrote:
> >

> >>Errr...I'm afraid I have no idea where to find the startup script!
> >>And what is chbg?
> >>
> >>Thanks for your help so far.
> >>
> >>Margot
> >

> >/etc/X11/xfce4/xinitrc
> >

> Thanks Stephen! Well, here's the file - does it look "normal"? No
> mention of chbg, or of nautilus...

Since you didn't know where it was we can assume you didn't change
anything in it :)

Check your ~/Desktop/Autostart and see if you have anything in there
that might be starting Nautilus.

Also, IIRC XFce4 would launch Nautilus to display its documentation. So,
if you ever looked at the help for anything in XFce4, that may have been
what launched Nautilus. I may be wrong on that, though. I think now it
just uses the browser environment variable for displaying help, which is
what has me confused, but I haven't set it up from scratch for so long
that I just don't know.

Todd