On Wed, 03 May 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully someone can help me.
>
> I've used Linux for a while, but am new to Mandrake...I know the usual advice
> with Packard Bell monitors is to get another monitor....in this situation I
> cannot.
>
> I've only been able to get a *very* minimal installation/configuration of X
> going...can anyone point me to anymore resources...don't seem to find anything
> at all on the Mandrake site.

Hi Tim,

  I'm supprised at the minimal config.  I'm running a Packard bell civic 300
with 64M of RAM, a vodoo 3dfx card and a packardbell monitor at
32 bit true colour, 800x600 resolution just perfectly.
  I'll have a look through my installation procedures again and check it out.
If you could give more info it would be good (your card for example-before I
had a maxi gamer pheonix2 without success and had to resort to the minimum
settings)
Bye for now
 --
Scotchpie