Hi,

Here's some more detail:

Video Card: (output from SuperProbe)
Super-VGA
Chipset - Silicon Integrated Systems 5597/5598 (PCI Probed)
Memory - 512 Kbytes
RAMDAC - SiS built-in DAC w/clock (with 6-bit wide lookup tables (or in 6-bit
mode))

Monitor: (off the back...haven't tracked down the manual yet)
Packard Bell
Model #: 20245
100-240v
50-60 Hz
1.5A

Does it seem like I should be able to configure it?  I haven't been able
to....even edited the file generated by xconfigurator after creating it to
change to specifically that Hz range...still didn't work...do I need to install
another X server other than what was the default from the install?

Another oddity....the GUI install comes up really nice and looks really good...I
was definitely surprised after that happened and then I get such an ugly X
session.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tim.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 05/03/2000 09:56:36 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]