Thank you Nick and Leonid for your comments.

Follow-up question:
I do understand that 3 samples per subject may not support 4 parameters model.
However, historically, the compound showed bi-phasic characteristics (in
adults) and I do like to use the same model in pediatrics. Also, the model
(ADVAN3, TRANS4) did converge with no issues/errors (with pediatric data
alone). Is there something I am missing? or is TRANS5 (AOB, ALPHA, BETA) an
alternative for such limited data?

Regards,
- Chandra

>>> Nick Holford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 5/28/2008 1:38:07 PM >>>

Chandra,

With such a small sample its hard to learn much about differences
between adults and children. Your principled approach using allometric
scaling is a reasonable way to bridge the gap in recognizing that adults
and children are all the same species (see reference below).

"Children are just small adults"

I would not be too worried about individual parameter estimate in
children being different. With only 3 samples per child and a 2 cmt
model requiring at least 4 parameters you will always get different
results if you use different assumptions.

Nick

Anderson BJ, Holford NH. Mechanism-Based Concepts of Size and Maturity
in Pharmacokinetics. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2008;48:303-32.

--
Nick Holford, Dept Pharmacology & Clinical Pharmacology
University of Auckland, 85 Park Rd, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand