> If you have problems with having the NAS as master, make it a slave, and run
> the
> NUT configuration of your choice in your PC/workstation.
I have done just this.  I changed the Synology to a slave and made my Raspberry
Pi master and the rest of my servers are slaves as well.  Manuel recommnded and
he is definitely right, I think that is the best way forward, especially with
your discovery as to what they’re doing to NUT on Synology.  I am having one
issue getting the nut-server to start up automatically without failing.  You
have any idea what’s going on there?
> Those LISTEN lines were appropriate pre-systemd when NUT's startup script was
> launched after networking was fully enabled. I would recommend "LISTEN
> 0.0.0.0 3493" instead, and use firewall rules if you are trying to exclude an
> interface (which is likely not the case on a Pi).
Ok, so replace both with that or just one of the lines?  I suspected one of the
lines may be the problem because when I took out the second line, nut-server
service wouldn’t fail, but then clients couldn’t connect.
> That is odd, indeed. And yes, it is certainly a permission issue but on
> the journal files which reside below /var/log , not on the config files
>
> Start with journactl -x as it might say more about the error. And maybe
> verify if any log file is defined by the nut-server unit.
I tried journalctl -x and got a huge list, couldn’t even find where nut-service
was in there.  I tried...

sudo journalctl -x | grep "nut-server"
sudo journalctl -x | grep “error"

And got a few interesting things, but not very descriptive...
https://hastebin.com/ikupojorav.sql

Do you think it may that line upsd.conf like Charles mentioned?

Thanks everyone for all the help!!!

Regards,

Todd

--