My experience on situations like this is that it is almost always a bad battery.  Once load is removed, the voltage bounced back, and thus you show time/capacity, but it's possible that the sag under load drops you into LB, and causes the shutdown.

If the UPS has a battery test, give it a try, or load test the battery external to the UPS if you can - I suspect that the UPS will be fine, and the battery degraded.

- Tim