On 01/11/2011 03:38 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
Hi Zach,

2011/1/10 Zach La Celle <lace...@roboticresearch.com <mailto:lace...@roboticresearch.com>>

    On 01/06/2011 08:06 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

    2011/1/5 Zach La Celle <lace...@roboticresearch.com
    <mailto:lace...@roboticresearch.com>>

        On 01/04/2011 08:20 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

        2011/1/4 Charles Lepple <clep...@gmail.com
        <mailto:clep...@gmail.com>>

            On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Zach La Celle
            <lace...@roboticresearch.com
            <mailto:lace...@roboticresearch.com>> wrote:
            > On 12/29/2010 10:00 AM, Zach La Celle wrote:

            apcsmart-rack1ups
            <mailto:upsmon@127.0.0.1> logged into UPS [rack1ups]

            >>> Can you give us some background information about
            this system? What OS
            >>> and version, who built the package, etc.

            Just to be sure, are you running the Ubuntu-provided
            package, or
            something from another package repository? Which version
            of Ubuntu?

            Running valgrind might produce similarly opaque results
            without debug
            symbols (which you can enable if you build from source).

        debug syms are available as separate debs.
        As an example, for Ubuntu, look here:
        https://wiki.kubuntu.org/DebuggingProgramCrash

        then look for installing {nut,libupsclient}-dbgsym and
        others if needed otherwise...

            That is a bit
            more involved, though (especially if you want to keep
            the installed
            files in the same place) so I'd try that after Arjen's
            suggestion with
            "-DDD".

        seconded for a first run.

        cheers,
        Arnaud
-- Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com
        Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader -
        http://www.networkupstools.org/

The only extra package I could find is the "dev" package. I'm not sure if that contains debugging symbols.

        I'm running with the "-DDD" option now.  It hasn't crashed
        over the weekend, so we'll see how long it takes to crash
        now.  I'm getting source to try and rebuild it so that I can
        walk through in GDB if necessary.

    have you looked at the pointer I've sent, *and* applied the
    various mentioned actions (adding key and repository, refresh apt
    cache, ...)?

    otherwise, you won't see these packages!
    I still fail to see what is your exact system (Ubuntu? which
    version?) apart from the arch which is x86_64...

    cheers,
    Arnaud
-- Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com
    Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader -
    http://www.networkupstools.org/

    I'm having trouble finding the upsd source code, or maybe I just
    don't understand how to run it properly.  The source I have for
    ubuntu/lucid seems to either be for a different UPSD project, or
    to run very differently than the version off of the Ubuntu
    repositories.  Can you point me to the correct source for upsd?

to get the one for your binary, check that you have a "deb-src" line for main in your /etc/apt/sources.list
then "apt-get source nut"
or get the source here: http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/nut

note that upsd package is a completely different project.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com

I now have the upsd source package installed and built for debug, but when I run upsd I get errors connecting to my UPS. I copied all of the configuration files from my normal config directory (/etc/nut) into the new directory (/usr/local/ups/etc/), but I get an "Error; cannot find rack1ups; no such file or directory" or something along those lines. I've tried to fix this myself but it just doesn't seem to be working. Any idea?