Citeren Zach La Celle <lace...@roboticresearch.com>:

On the Dell server, the MpMemory testing all passed. It doesn't seem to be a physical problem with the memory on the machine. I also ran some other basic diagnostics on the disk drives, cache, and the rest of the system, and it all passed as well.

Any further ideas?

As a last resort, running the upsd server in 'valgrind' could be useful, but only if the error occurs shortly after startup. You'll have to run it with -D though, to prevent it from backgrounding.

What remains weird is that you seem to be the only one that has this problem. I've run upsd in valgrind for days on end and have not seen any memory problems after that.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)