Hi,

> On 3. Oct 2023, at 07:13, Corey Minyard <miny...@acm.org> wrote:
>
> Yeah, I understand how this would be a strange scenario.  I have seen
> this happen in the real world, so it is something that's possible, but I
> think the printk changes went in before 5.10.
>
> Maybe a firmware update to the BMC?  I think you would have mentioned
> that, though.

do you know how to reproduce this error? I’ve disabled SOL logging on one of
the affected machines (it might be related to the specific BMC and I’m
considering BMC firmware updates) but I’ve spammed the kmsg that are sent to
the SOL for 12+ hours in a tight bash loop without an SOL attached and did not
trigger the issue…

Next to the BMC firmware update I’m also considering switching from 5.10 to
5.15 (we’re having issues in 6.1 at the moment so I don’t want to go there
right now) but I’d love if I could construct a reproducer …

Unfortunately the BMC firmwares do not show changelogs and I’m a bit wary of
thinking that a BMC issue would be the culprit here … -_-

I also didn’t find the original commit that you mentioned would be fixing it …
a hint for what to search for in the changelogs would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Christian

--
Christian Theune · c...@flyingcircus.io · +49 345 219401 0