I seem to recall that the MacOS resource manager (upon which Constructor
is built) has a soft limit of around 2200 resources per file.  A
constructor file may use more than one MacOs resource per Palm resource,
you maybe running into such a limit.

I may be remembering incorrectly and I no longer have a working Mac so I
can't tell you for certain.

-E