The Mac OS Resource Manager limit is 2727 resources, IIRC.  I would characterize it
more as a "hard limit" than a "soft limit".  The OP only has, what, 862 resources?  I
don't think he's getting close to the Mac OS limit, even with any hidden Constructor
"meta" resources.

As well, he's talking about adding an item to a form, not adding a new form or any
other resource, so I don't think it's a resource count issue.  Perhaps there's some
internal Constructor limitation?  I vaguely remember something about a 99 form object
limit to forms, but don't know where my brain came up with that.

-- Keith