I took a look at the code. Te problematic fragment (line 114 in
vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader) just checks the file's existance and opens it
in standard way. The problem occures in *stat*() function that is fed with
the full file name and the reference to structure to receive file params. I
tried to read the file from Python shell and the result is the same. I
guessed that the reason is an additional slash before the short file name
(see error message) but small files are processed OK so the only assumption
I can make is that the problem occures in the *stat*() itself on large (>
~2GiB) files due to some strange 32-bit relicts (although itshould work
perfectly in 64-bit builds).
Can anybody test the opening of large (3...4 GiB or more) EnSight Gold
binary files in ParaView 5.0.0 or 5.0.1? I cannot check any assumptions
because I only have Linux compilators set up and cannot do the
"hello-world"-like stat() test under Windows on a large file...