Andrew,

Regarding your question, "Do you have any EnSight Gold-Format files greater than 4GB?" No, the largest EnSight *.geom file I have is 1 GB.

I just tried it in PV v5.0.0.  Reading the datum set and running through 67 time steps did not cause any problems. I don't think this *.geom file is big enough to expose any of the PV reader reader problems you are experiencing.

Sam Key