William, you said very truly:

There have been times when I have just sat and admired what was in front of
me until the light was gone, rather than spoil the moment by pulling out a
camera.
It is amazing what we don't get to enjoy when we take a feeding frenzy
approach to getting every great picture there is.
Often, we don't get to enjoy what we went to photograph in the first place.

That was exactly the reason why I didn't turn pro. I was just seeing
photographs, nothing else. It drove me mad, not taking the moment to enjoy
the moment. Still happy I made that decision.

:-)

Paul Delcour