I can indeed forget carrying the 058 around. However, it is very stable,
partly due to the weight, partly due to the leg construction. Also it can
reach enormous height. This was great when I needed to shoot over an
audience. Nice also for my camcorder when tilting or panning. For taking
pictures, adjusting it untill I have exactly the right position takes long.
That's why I prefer handshooting. But for all kinds of jobs the 058 is
great, for instance macro and copying photos.

:-)

Paul Delcour