On April 25, 2024 11:34:57 PM PDT, John Francis <jo...@panix.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 11:55:10PM +0000, coll...@brendemuehl.net wrote:
>>
>> Have a 1.7x af Tc for sale that needs to go.
>
>I'm almost certainly going to be clearing out my Pentax shelves soon.
>Most of the stuff is pretty old, and probably not of a lot of interest,
>but there are several nice items (FA* 250-600/f5.6, A* 300/f2.8, ...).

Hmmm....

BTW, there are a couple of lens caps sitting on my desk in Felton, but I don't
know which is to the 200 and which the 80-200.  We need to figure out the
logistics of getting the right one to you.

>Basically I've got almost every bit of Pentax gear I've owned except
>for my first Pentax - a Spotmatic II with the 50mm/f1.4 - which went
>to a good home.  Old film bodies (including 2 MXs), newer film bodies
>(a PZ-1p and an MZ-S), and a few digital bodies (*ist-D, K10D, K-5).
>
>There's also a whole raft of lenses of varying quality, and several
>less common items (like a motor drive for the MX).
>
>I'll post a full list once I've got round to digging through all the
>assorted boxes containing camera gear.
>
>I've been considering doing this for some time now, but it's hard to
>part with gear that has served me well.  But I haven't touched any of
>the Pentax items for over a year, and my M1X outfit is a lot lighter
>to carry, and gives me a range from 12mm to 300mm focal lengths in
>just two lenses and one TC.

I'm going to have to look into some of the newer u4/3 bodies. I've gone back to
carrying the k3 on bike rides.  There's too much difference in image quality
between the u4/3 and the k3iii body for photos I care about and too little
between it and my phone for ones I don't.