You’ve gone off the deep end Alex.

On Jul 25, 2023, at 5:59 AM, 'Wade, Alexandra' via MuseumPests <pestlist@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I hope you're all well.

I'm working in an archive, undertaking a large pest monitoring programme. Recently, there has been an increased interest in moving away from the standard of glue traps and changing to a more ethical method. I'd love to try an ethical catch and release method for pest monitoring. However we are interested in monitoring pests as small as booklice up to spiders. The size range make creating a trap that won't exclude a pest or allow another one to escape the trap quite difficult.

In the first instance does anyone have any resources/ideas or thoughts on ways I could create a catch and release trapping system? It would need to be something that sits on the floor, and relatively flat to the floor as well to allow the smaller pests to crawl in.

I have no idea if this is possible or just a pipe dream but any thoughts or ideas would be welcome.

Kind regards,

Alex

Alexandra Wade (she/her)

Assistant Conservator / Green Group Representative

London Metropolitan Archives

Town Clerk’s Department

City of London

Tel: 020 7332 3239

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/lma

London Metropolitan Archives is open 10am - 4.30pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday

and 10am - 7pm on Wednesdays (including our exhibition: Unforgotten Lives).

Please check our website for the latest updates and Saturday opening dates before visiting > www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/lma

Outlook-Facebook l.png       Outlook-Twitter lo.png       Outlook-Instagram .png       Outlook-YouTube lo.png       Outlook-Eventbrite.png

THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail. Opinions, advice or facts included in this message are given without any warranties or intention to enter into a contractual relationship with the City of London unless specifically indicated otherwise by agreement, letter or facsimile signed by a City of London authorised signatory. Any part of this e-mail which is purely personal in nature is not authorised by the City of London. All e-mail through the City of London's gateway is potentially the subject of monitoring. All liability for errors and viruses is excluded. Please note that in so far as the City of London falls within the scope of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, it may need to disclose this e-mail. Website: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk