On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:13:14 -0700
paul rivers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For a database of InnoDB tables, people tend to replicate the
> database, and then backup the slave (unless the db is trivially

That recalled me the *unsupported* feeling I have that it is easier
to setup a HA replication solution on MySQL.

Pardon my ignorance of serious DBA jargon...

I'm thinking to something suited for load balancing the read as
highest priority in terms of performance *and* duplicate the write
across different boxes without the application layer has to know
about it as second priority in terms of performance...

I just would like to be contradicted and pointed to some viable
(easy?) setup for pgsql, so that I and other people will get rid of
this preconception if any.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it