Scott Marlowe wrote:
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 1:02 PM, paul rivers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 - Auto_increment columns as pkeys in InnoDB tables are practically
 required, yet severely limited scalability due to how a transaction
 would lock the structure to get the next auto-increment (significantly
 improved in 5.1)

Pretty sure they implemented the fix for that in an early 5.0 release.
 I remember chatting with Heikki Turri about it.

Definitely not fixed until 5.1, in fact not until very recently (5.1.22) :

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=16979

Anyway, enough of that for me. It's a Postgres list, and my list of MySQL complaints is far longer than my enthusiasm for documenting them.

Paul