On 16.11.22 04:31, Ted Yu wrote:
    <mailto:japi...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
     >> After some rethinking, I find the origin code do not have problems.
     >>
>> If fd is NULL or fgets() returns NULL, the process exits. Otherwise, we
     >> call
     >> pclose() to close fd.  The code isn't straightforward, however,
    it is
     >> correct.

Hi,
Please take a look at the following:

https://en.cppreference.com/w/c/io/fgets <https://en.cppreference.com/w/c/io/fgets> Quote: If the failure has been caused by some other error, sets the /error/ indicator (see ferror() <https://en.cppreference.com/w/c/io/ferror>) on |stream|. The contents of the array pointed to by |str| are indeterminate (it may not even be null-terminated).

That has nothing to do with the return value of fgets().