On 02/12/2022 05:41, John Naylor wrote:
I couldn't find something more official for the sse2neon library part.
Not quite sure what this is referring to, but it seems we can just point to
the __aarch64__ section in the same file, which uses the same instruction:

spin_delay(void)
{
   __asm__ __volatile__(
   " isb; \n");
}

...and which already explains the choice with a comment.

Good point. Will add the comment.

+  if cc.get_id() == 'msvc'
+    cdata.set('USE_ARMV8_CRC32C', false)
+    cdata.set('USE_ARMV8_CRC32C_WITH_RUNTIME_CHECK', 1)
+    have_optimized_crc = true
+  else

That seems like a heavy-handed way to force it. Could we just use the same
gating in the test program that the patch puts in the code of interest?
Namely:

+#ifndef _MSC_VER
 #include <arm_acle.h>
+#endif
I took a similar approach as x86 MSVC code. I don't think the test program would work with MSVC. The compiler options are not MSVC friendly.

--
Niyas