On 05/12/2022 05:12, Michael Paquier wrote:
- Last comes OpenSSL, that supports amd64_arm64 as build target (see
NOTES-WINDOWS.md), and the library names are libssl.lib and
libcrypto.lib.  Looking at
https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html, there are
experimental builds for arm64 with OpenSSL 3.0.  Niyas or somebody
else, could you look at the contents of lib/VC/ and see what we could
rely on for the debug builds after installing this MSI?  We should
rely on something like lib/VC/sslcrypto64MD.lib or
lib/VC/sslcrypto32MD.lib, but for arm64.

I tried that installer. And I can see following libraries installed in lib/VC location.

libcryptoarm64MD.lib
libcryptoarm64MDd.lib
libcryptoarm64MT.lib
libcryptoarm64MTd.lib
libsslarm64MD.lib
libsslarm64MDd.lib
libsslarm64MT.lib
libsslarm64MTd.lib

-       USE_ARMV8_CRC32C_WITH_RUNTIME_CHECK => undef,
+       USE_ARMV8_CRC32C_WITH_RUNTIME_CHECK => $self->{platform} eq "ARM64" ? :
1 : undef,
Did you actually test this patch?  This won't work at all with perl,
per se the double colon after the question mark.

Yes I did a full build. I am not sure why I didn't see any error with that. My perl skills are very limited and I started with something bit more naive like "$self->{platform} == "ARM64" ? : 1 : undef" But that didn't work and I changed to using eq and the compilation was fine. Thanks for fixing the patch.

> For now, please find attached an updated patch with all the fixes I
> could come up with.

Thanks. I did a quick sanity build with your updated patch and looks fine.

--
Niyas