On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 11:11:09AM +0000,
fujii.y...@df.mitsubishielectric.co.jp wrote:
> >        and checks if the remote server version is older than the local
> > server version.
> >        If so,
> >        <filename>postgres_fdw</filename>
> > -->    assumes that for each built-in aggregate function, the partial
> > aggregate function is not defined
> > -->    on the remote server unless the partial aggregate function and the
> > aggregate
> > -->    function match.
> >        Otherwise <filename>postgres_fdw</filename> assumes that for each
> > built-in aggregate function,
> >        the partial aggregate function is defined on the remote server.
> >        The default is <literal>false</literal>.
> >       </para>
> >      </listitem>
> >     </varlistentry>
> >
> > What does that marked sentence mean?  What is match?  Are one or both of
> > these remote?  It sounds like you are
> > checking the local aggregate against the remote partial aggregate, but I
> > don't see any code that does this in the patch.
> This sentence means that
> "If the partial aggregate function has the same OID as the aggregate function,
> then postgres_fdw assumes that for each built-in aggregate function, the
> partial aggregate function is not defined
>  on the remote server."
> "Match" means that the partial aggregate function has the same OID as the
> aggregate function in local server.
> But, in v30, there is no code which checks the partial aggregate function has
> the same OID as the aggregate function in local server.
> So I modified the code of is_builtin_aggpartialfunc_shippable().
> Also, I modified wording postgres-fdw.sgml.

Yes, that is what I needed.  Attached is a modification of your v31
patch (the most recent) that mostly improves the documentation and
comments.  What else needs to be done before committers start to review
this?

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us