I like your simplicity and straightforwardness.

My code tends toward:

switch($submit) {
        case: "Accept":
                .. insert record
                break;
        case: "Delete":
                .. delete record
                break;
        case "Cancel":
                .. cancel record changes and return to previous condition
                break;
}

if($submit) {
        show form
} else {
        show list
}

where list is a display of the records in the database (browse) and the form is a one
record dataentry/modification/delete form.

On Tuesday, March 27, 2001, at 10:46 AM, Boget, Chris wrote:

> I do something similar.  However, my layout is like this:
>
> ----------
>
>   if( isset( $submit )) {
>     errorChecking();
>
>     if( $noErrors ) {